Workshop - Auditions
- The 2019 Nutracker Workshop & Auditions will be held September 20th for master classes and September 21st at Center for Performing Arts for senior members and solos.
- Classes and auditions are open to all area dancers. You may attend the master class without auditioning for the company.
- Placements for Nutcracker will be made during each class.
- Plan to come at least 10-15 minutes prior to your dancer’s scheduled class/audition time to register and warm up.
- Workshop and audition fees are:
$25.00 for Non-members of Intercity Ballet
$15.00 for ICBT members
*note: Rehearsal Fees not included.
- Dancers must wear a black leotard, pink ballet slippers (pointe shoes for older dancers), pink tights, and have their hair styled in a ballet bun.
- Our guest teacher does not permit skirts, shorts, shirts, or flare legged jazz pants in class.
- No food or drinks. Please do not bring valuables, as Intercity will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items brought during the workshop, classes, rehearsals or performances.
- See copy of Intercity’s rulzes and regulations (contract). To become a company member this contract must be read, signed and on file with Intercity.
- Dancers should attend class assigned to their age group. Since dancers develop at an individual rate, it is up to each dancer to participate in the workshop as they feel able and comfortable. Intercity will assume no responsibility for any injuries sustained while dancers are attending classes, rehearsals or during performances.
- Parents need not stay during class. Please be back at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled end of class.
- Some Nutcracker performance assignments and placements will be given out at the conclusion of each workshop class. Some dancers may be notified at a later time of solo and/or additional parts. Some solo or featured parts may require additional auditions that will be scheduled by the Artistic Director at a later time. Dancers may be given parts that they have performed in the past. Infrequently, it becomes necessary to make changes in parts after initial assignments have been made. Intercity’s Artistic Director should be contacted for questions/concerns about part assignments.
- Every effort is made to make the best match of dancing roles for each performer. Issues such as dance skill and experience, costume size, and role availability are considered prior to role assignments. We want all our dancers to have the best experience possible and enjoy their participation in all Intercity productions.
- See this year's workshop audition flyer for dates/times.
*If you are interested in performing in the Nutcracker, but are unable to attend the workshop, please contact Intercity’s Artistic Director, Dorothy Ratcliff at 246-2199.
December 12th & 13th at 9:30am
December 13th & 14th at 7:30pm